SOUVENIRS & SCRAP BOOKING
1. One of the best souvenirs you will come home with is pictures. So take plenty of them.
2. You can take a pillowcase, t-shirt, picture frame, blank photo mattes, a Disney princess t-shirt or whatever to guest services at the beginning of the cruise and leave it with Sharpies and request just princesses, Fab 5, or all the characters sign it. Put the items in a Ziploc bag with four different colored Sharpies. Also, include a piece of paper with kids’ names, their ages, and stateroom number on it.
3. If you are a scrap booker, the evening before disembarking, pick up extra luggage tags of all the characters – great for your scrapbook pages!
4. A journal for everyone – whether it be to collect phone #’s of new friends (since cells may be left at home or in vehicles) or actually jot down memories of your trip for scrapbooking, trip reporting, or even to make notes of all names of people you’ve taken pictures of (servers, staff members, counselors, ship stewards, etc). If you took a picture of them you don’t want to forget their name by the time you get home. Can also be used to exchange emails addresses with people (especially tablemates) and you can stay in touch, swap pictures and stories!
5. Bring an address book to keep names, emails, telephone numbers, addresses, etc. of the new people you meet.
6. Take (or get) a Disney autograph book or small scrapbook to get character autographs. The books are available everywhere. Bring a thick pen or marker to help the costumed characters. Another tip, only get the characters to sign the left side, leaving the right side for the picture that you are taking of the signing. When you get home, put the picture in.
7. Bring a folder or large manila envelope to keep papers, menus, Navigators, etc. in that you want to take home with you.
8. Save everything, and make a scrapbook.
9. If you’re undecided about that beach towel, or t-shirt, or other souvenir buy it. You’ll be mad at yourself later if you don’t!
10. Bring silver or gold paint markers and then bring or buy a poster to have signed by the crew as a frameable memento of your cruise.
11. Purchase a postcard from Castaway Cay & mail it to yourself. It will be stamped with a Castaway Cay postmark. Remember to bring cash to CC because you cannot use your KTTW card at the post office. If the post office is not open, take the postcard to guest services and ask that it be mailed from Castaway Cay. A few postcards are in your stateroom’s desk drawer.