1. The instructions on disembarking will be broadcasted continually on the stateroom televisions on the last full day.
2. Your luggage needs to be outside of your door by 11 pm with the character tags on it that they will give you on that last day (BTW, big tip….take address labels with your name/address on them and then all you’ll have to do is fill in stateroom number and your number of bags–i.e. 1 out of 3, 2 out of 3). As you disembark the ship you’ll be directed to the luggage holding room where it will all be categorized based on who was on your character tag (Donald, Mickey, Daisy, Tinkerbell, etc) so remember your character.
3. Do not wait until the last night to pack. Use a collapsible hamper and store it under the desk for laundry during the cruise. Empty it periodically into a large laundry bag and put that into one of the pieces of luggage that are stored under the bed.
4. On the morning of the last full day, pack all of the remaining clothes EXCEPT an outfit to wear off the ship the next morning which you can wear after the final show if you want to spend the evening walking around the ship, visiting friends, and/or going to the ‘Til We Meet Again show, one outfit for each of you with shoes to wear to dinner, PJs for the last night, and a swim suit to use at Castaway Cay. After coming back from Castaway Cay rinse the suits and pack them in a couple of 2 gallon ziploc bags and put them in the front pocket of one of the big suitcases. After the show come back to the room and change into the outfits you will wear off the ship and pack up your dinner clothes and shoes in that last bag and put all your suitcases in the hall. In the morning all you have left to do is pack a carryon with the last of the stuff in the bathroom.
5. Make sure you leave a set of clothes out for debarking. People have been known to pack EVERYTHING the night before and leave the ship in their nightgowns, pajamas, etc.
6. If you have early dining, then you will be assigned the early breakfast time (6:30 a.m. I believe). If you do not want to go to breakfast that early, you can go to the buffet and eat there or in the morning bring some pastries and fresh fruit back to the room for breakfast, and then disembark.
7. Do not disembark early – that is for people who are rushing to catch a plane or other transportation or rushing to get to the parks. If you have nothing to rush to, be the last ones off the ship! Do not go to breakfast in the restaurant – go to the buffet, pick up a tray and fill it for everyone in your cabin. Back at the cabin, take your time, have a nice shower, breakfast on the verandah in port – relax – the cruise is not over yet! When you are ready, you can walk off the boat; no crowds easily find your luggage and cruise through customs. You have to be off the ship by 9:00 a.m.
8. Luggage at disembarkation is located in room order. Porters are there to assist them. Use them.
9. Use the address labels you made before you left to place on the luggage tags.
10. Once you & your family leave the stateroom, you will not be able to go back into the stateroom..